Last Updated: February 2018
Information We Collect
When you use our Site we may collect the following information from you:
- Your name and contact information if you join our email list or request information from us;
- Your name, contact information and comments if you communicate with us ;
- Your device parameters such as the type of device you are using, the date and time of your Site access, your browser type, and other information related to how your device is interacting with our Site; and
- The location of the device you are using to access our Site.
We may also collect the following information related to your use of the Site:
- When you use the Site we automatically collect and store some information about you and your device through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. We use these technologies to enhance your experience on our Site. A "cookie" is a small data file sent from a website and stored on your device to identify your device in the future and allow for an enhanced personalized user experience. A "session cookie" disappears after you close your web browser, or may expire after a fixed period of time. A "persistent cookie" remains after you close your web browser and may be accessed every time you use our Site. We may use both session and persistent cookies. You should consult your web browser to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to use certain features of our Site.
How We Use Information
We may use your contact information, including your email address, to contact you for administrative purposes such as responding to your questions or providing you with information.
We use the information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all features of the Site.
How We Disclose Information
We may work with business partners in making our Site available to you. Our policy is to require companies with whom we do business to support the same privacy policies we do. We will share information only as necessary for the third party to provide related services or assist us in providing the Site.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may disclose your information if required to do so by law to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets, to the extent and in the way as prescribed by applicable law.
Aggregate information is information that describes the habits, usage patterns and/or demographics of users as a group but does not reveal the identity of particular users. We may use aggregate information to understand the needs of individuals using the Site.
We appropriate physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal data that we collect and maintain against accidental or unlawful loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration destruction, or any other type of unlawful processing. Unfortunately, no web site, server or database is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Accessing Third–Party Sites from Workplaceinitiative.org
Workplaceinitiative.org may provide links to websites of other organizations or companies that may offer materials and services as well as links to other sites. In using Workplaceinitiative.org or the linked sites of other organizations or companies, you may have the option to sign up for email lists operated by these organizations or companies. If you choose to request that your address be removed from the organizations’ or companies’ lists, we cannot control whether or not they will immediately stop using your address. To stop receiving communications from these organizations or companies, you should contact them directly.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not support Do Not Track requests at this time. Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
California Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits individuals who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. We will never disclose your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without your authorization. However, if you would like to make a request for information under the Shine The Light law, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
Opting Out of Communications from Workplaceinitiative.org
By providing your email address to us, you automatically grant permission to us to send communications to you, unless you opt out at that time. You may also manage your preferences and opt out of receiving email communications by clicking “unsubscribe” from an email sent to you by us.